New Richmond, Allegan County
New Richmond is a small community of under 3,000, within the Manlius Township in Allegan County, Michigan.
A Brief History
New Richmond was initially named 'Richmond' when it was planned in 1836, named after Richmond, Virginia. The initial settlement attempt failed following a fire in a local tavern and the destruction of the mill's dam. The village was rebuilt in 1872 by H. F. Marsh on the same site, and named 'New Richmond'.
Last updated 04/07/2015