New Richmond, St. Croix County
The City of New Richmond, known as “The City Beautiful”, is located in St. Croix County, Wisconsin, approximately 40 miles east of the St. Paul/Minneapolis Metro Area with a populationg of over 8,000.
A Brief History
Founded in 1858 and previously known as ‘Cold Springs’, New Richmond was originally settled in the 1850s where timber drove the early economy. As that resource was depleted, the community continued to thrive as a bustling business centre for the surrounding farmland.
In June 1899, Wisconsin’s deadliest tornado struck the city, which when combined with the fires that followed, left 117 dead and more than 200 buildings destroyed. Hard work and determination had most of the business rebuilt within six months. It was testimony to the spirit and fortitude of New Richmond’s citizens, and a quality still seen in today’s population.
We are very proud of our “Main Street”- the window of our community. It provides an excellent setting for financial and professional services, shops and specialty stores.
Our growing Business and Technical Park has several highly technical businesses and a Super Wal-Mart.
New Richmond offers one of the premier 27-hole golf courses in the state.
The New Richmond Municipal Airport is the 5th largest airport in Wisconsin. The Airport has 95 hangars.
New Richmond Parks has 217 acres of park land and 10 miles of paved trails, six parks with play equipment, a camp-ground with eight sites that have full hook ups.
Last updated 18/04/2015
New Richmond Website: