Richmond Plantation, Berkeley County
Richmond Plantation is a district within Berkeley County, South Carolina which contains various historic buildings including a manor house.
A Brief History
Throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, Richmond Plantation was a rice plantation. The manor house was constructed in 1927 for George Ellis, a New York financier. In 1963 it was purchased by the Low Country Girl Scout Council, who have recently sold it. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Last updated 26/08/2015
South Carolina Plantations:
Article covering Richmond Plantation history: